Monday 17 July 2017

Nostagia

Nkechi,

I was back at the place of our birth,
I was back at the place we first met,
Sat under the mighty mango tree,
Where you first confessed love to me.

I walked that bushy path,
Where we both solitarily sat,
That November night,
When our innocence took flight.

I arrived at the river side,
Saw the birds soar and glide,
It was there we constantly came to swim,
And hear the birds chant a hymn.

You remember the oye market square?
Yea, our favorite spot is still there,
The spot we sat to spy on the villagers,
While they mingle with the marketers.

Everywhere I turn, I see a page of our story,
I see the future that became history,
For before tomorrow could come,
We were caught and scattered by a storm.

A storm of different dreams,
Like fishes in separate streams,
So we rose and took different paths,
With a piece of each other's hearts.

But Nkechi, does home not call?
Will the termite not for the toad fall?
Hear this voice and come home,
Or will you forever roam?

No comments:

Post a Comment