Monday 17 July 2017

The Lover's Heart


My heart, a weary wanderer

And yet a lively lover
Like kings in search of queens
It has an eye for beautiful things.

Severally battered and mended

By escapades that abruptly ended.
Yet it still staggers around
Like a drunk, bearing 'no love found'.

A beautiful thing, love is

With one your heart is at peace.
When your half, in the one you see
You reel with joy to ecstacy.

A dream at night

An obsession of the mind.
When you see a one of a kind
It is like love at first sight.

But I fear to fall again

To give my heart and my soul away
Like a snail from its safety shell
A real risk it is, a gain in pain.

I love the taste of honey

But I fear the sting of bee
It is such a painful one to me
I will love again, call me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment