Monday 1 June 2015

K A K I S N



Let me compare you


1. To the valley lily
decorated and beautified
by the God of the heavenly.

2. To the beautiful sky
illuminated by the sun,
for so your smile
brightens the face of sons
of men.

You worry about your
tiny little butt, flat like a table cloth
But I'm more consumed by your gut.

You worry because your pair of oranges
sell just for twenty naira
due to their size
but that's not what caught my eyes.

Every morning
I pick up the New York times
I see your face shining
On the cover page, for
you have walked all the way to
Influence.

Your addictions and sense of view
make me smile whenever I remember you.

Each day I desire to knock
on your door even if to hear you ask
"na who dey knock"
but I fear I might get electroCUTEd
because you are just too cute.

But the way you walk and flip your hair
Always make me want to dare.

Nwababy, I'm an Igbo boy.
But I go school,
I sabi book
I sabi cook
I get good look
Abeg, carry me go Ibibio.


No comments:

Post a Comment