Monday 1 June 2015

When Shall Morning Come


Here, with my butt fastened to the seat of discomfort, I curse my country.

 
Here, while I watch my sleep elope with the whore of endor, riding on the back of the horse of pain, I blame my president.

 
Here, I sit subbing from the hurt of the mountains, imprinted on my body by these little night monsters, when they mounted on board for their blood feast, I reject this administration.

I sit awake improvising my own fan with the constant swinging of my palm and a flat matter at hand...

I woke, needing a change of clothing for my bed, for I had unconsciously drowned the first in the pool of my own sweat..

I woke so early wishing it was already late, for not only that my sleep had eloped, but I could no longer sanely lay back, to embark on another voyage... Alas! My night was just half way through.

As mine eyes had divorced her beloved husband, mr sleep, I traveled online to check the sales of my products, but just when I was about driving around, I was cut short, my battery was too low for radio use.

The blinking of my dying phone continued while I resorted to baring my resentment through my pen, I could hear my brother giving himself frequent palm slaps, I smiled for I knew the monsters were at work on him.

"This is arrant nonsense, what kind of a country is this? No fuel!, no light!" were his sudden remarks. He is not used to passing the night without a rotator.

The old lady I bought yam from the previous day, made similar remarks, she was like " our country don spoil finish, I wan travel comot".... I wondered where she would go... I felt her distress.

I kept guard by the corner as the little monsters continued whistling to and fro,

I await dawn
I await morn
To end my mourn.

Suddenly, a little light of hope shown, it had just started raining, though not yet of the magnitude to cool the hot temperature, yet the noise of the collision with the roof, was hope enough.

And as I rushed out to provide a covering for the jobless generator,

I felt the wind
I felt the rain
They gave me a touch of life
And eased a bit of my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment